If your workflow involves the photoreaction of samples in cell culture plates, then Lumidox® II Lens Mat Arrays are perfectly suited for your research. Lumidox II Arrays generate highly precise, wavelength-specific light for photoreactive processes in 24 and 96-position formats. They incorporate an ultra-clear, chemically inert lens mat which delivers exceptional light transfer to your samples. They work great with optically clear, flat-bottom cell culture plates when used with Analytical Sales’ custom cell culture plate adapters.
In addition to carrying out cell assays, many of our customers have been using cell culture plates together with Lumidox II LED Lens Mat Arrays to perform the following research:
- Photoconverting live mammalian cells with Dendra protein for fluorescent imaging days after photoconversion
- Testing of light-induced toxicity of certain compounds on different cell lines for photodynamic therapy applications
- Studying the photothermal effects of compounds in live cells
- Testing photodynamic therapy of various innovative compounds on live cells
- The use of photodynamic therapy as a type of cancer treatment
Lumidox II LED Lens Mat Arrays are available in 15 wavelengths. For even more specific targeting, all arrays have five stages of light intensity which are controlled by the Lumidox II controller. See Lumidox® II 96-Position LED Arrays for more information.
Cell Culture Plate Adapters
24 and 96-well cell culture plates integrate seamlessly with our Lens Mat arrays with the help of plate-specific adapters made by Analytical Sales. Our adapters align each well of your plate directly above each LED in the array. The protrusions or “tips” on the lens mat of the array directly touch or “couple” with the bottom of the wells in the plate. This allows optimal light transfer directly into the samples.
Adapters immediately available for the following plates:
- Cellvis P96-1.5H-N
- Greiner 655180
- Corning Costar cell culture plates
- Eppendorf cell culture plates (contact us with your specific plate)
- Thermo Scientific Nunc MicroWell plates
- Perkin Elmer ViewPlate (formerly Packard ViewPlate)
Adapters available for any standard cell culture plate by request.
*Note: Analytical Sales may require that you send us 1-2 plates for measurement & evaluation to ensure dimensional accuracy and to provide a fast turnaround for your plate-specific adapter.